Knowledge Base - Net.net 11
| October 11
Market Watch enables viewing detail market information of equities and
derivatives on a continuous basis. Further, it enables displaying a predefined
profile by default and browse required market details. ODIN™ Diet facilitates
creating highly parameterized and customizable market details. A customized
column display can be saved for future use or even made as the default display.
On applying a Portfolio, placing of orders is also supported from within Market
Using this window you can do the following:
Place Buy and Sell orders
Display of real-time based market intricate details within a
Highly integrated Portfolio creation on the fly
Selection of Portfolio on real-time basis
Customizable display of market information
Subjective market data information at a right-click
One-click selection of entire (scrip) row
Arrange column contents in ascending or descending order
Support multiple instances of Market Watch
Work with Market Watch
- Click Market > Market
Watch or click the toolbar icon (). Alternatively, press F4. The Market Watch window
is displayed.By default, the Market Watch window is empty. On setting a default portfolio
through Tools > Preferences-Workspace,the portfolio is
made available on invoking the Market Watch.
- To add contracts from the filter bar, enter the scrip code/symbol; press
- If the contract is a derivatives contract, Highlight the contract in the
Market Watch and press Enter. The Derivatives watch window is invoked that lists
all the contracts of the underlying.
- To remove scrip, highlight the contract and press DELETE.
- To change order of scrips, highlight the scrip and use drag-n-drop to a new
location. Alternatively, on highlighting use cut- paste (right-click options).
- To view selective Market details, Right-click inside the Market Watch.
Various options are made available: Scrip Portfolio, Save Portfolio, Title Bar,
Column Profile, Save Column Profile, Size to Fit, Customize, Cut, Copy,
- Select the required option. Further, specify the data values as required to
accomplish the task.
- You can add a separator and distinctly separate two columns in the Market
Watch. In the Column Profile window, from the Available Columns, select
Separator; click Add.
Place Orders from within the Market Watch window
- Select the scrip in the Market Watch.
- Press F1/(+) for
(Buy Order) or F2/(-) for (Sell Order).
- Enter the required values and click Submit.
To view selective market watch details, right-click inside the Market Watch
window, click Column Profile and customize
the window columns as required.
Watch Online Trading Demo